Laguna restaurant has a reputation as one of the finest Indian wedding caterers in London producing quality Asian cuisine at wedding venues throughout London and beyond. We know what makes an Asian wedding a truly unique and memorable experience and share with you some of the key ingredients we use to create a truly special Asian wedding day. Not every Asian weddings are the same but here are just some of the things you might expect on the big day:-
- Asian weddings can extend for up to three days with a range of different ceremonies. Your invitation will explain to you which one you are invited to.
- Misri takes place a few days before the actual wedding – the couple exchange prayers, flower garlands and gold rings and the groom’s parents present the bride with a basket of gifts.
- The Mehendi ceremony takes place one day before the wedding and this occasion is for women only. Here they paint intricate patterns in Henna on their hands and feet.
- All the guests dress in bright and vibrant colours.
- The mother of the bride will usually give gifts to the groom as he arrives for the ceremony, traditionally sweets are also offered for goodwill.
- The men in the party will exchange flower garlands.
- The actual wedding day can last up to fourteen hours
- The wedding ceremony will last for one to two hours.
- There will be lots of theatrical and Bollywood style dancing.
- Money is a traditional gift at an Asian wedding to help the couple build a secure future together so usually there are lesser boxed presents.
- The bride throws handful of rice over herself as she leaves the wedding ceremony.
Laguna restaurant offers prestigious catering for Asian wedding venues in London. We an extremely experienced Indian wedding caterers providing fine cuisine at a wide range of locations in London and beyond. Take a look at our website Laguna Restaurant for more details.